Keep the Water Flowing in Your Home or Small Business
When your drains are clogged, running slowly, or otherwise giving you trouble, let the experts at American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning get in there and make things right.
Over the years, our plumbers have experienced every type of local issue that comes up. We're equipped to ensure your system works properly and we're ready to help right now!
Available Anytime for Any Kind of Drain Issue
Whenever you begin experiencing overflows in your sink, shower, tub, or toilet, it's time to get a professional drain service. Even slow running drains need to be acted upon because clogs will not get better on their own!
Drains can be clogged by excess hair, waste, spoiled food, or invasive tree roots. Count on us for a wide range of drain maintenance and repair.
- Drain Snake Stoppages
- Hydro-Jetting Clogged Drains
- Drain Root Preventative Treatment
- Drain Line Location
- Camera Inspections
- Leak Detection Services
- Pipe Repairs
- Pipe Reroute
- Plumbing Re-pipes
Get us on the job anytime, day or night, for drain repair, rooter services, or re-pipes. No job is off limits. No emergency fees and in most cases our plumbers are available the same day!
Prevent Drain Issues With a Common Sense Approach
In order to keep your drains working for as long as possible, take some simple precautionary measures, such as periodically cleaning your pipes with vinegar and baking soda. Let the chemicals dissolve the grime in your pipes for about 15 minutes before flushing them with boiling water. Please be careful when doing this.
Most chemical drain cleaners provide only a temporary fix but they can open up a blocked drain.
Drain strainers are a necessity, especially in your kitchen sink, and you should always prevent certain food items from falling into your drains.
- Fruit Peels
- Potato Skins
Rice and potato skins can expand and block drains, while grease and oil can build up thickly. Strong citrus fruits are acidic and can weaken pipes through corrosion.
DIY Plumbers Should Follow Some Simple Precautions
If you need to immediately address a drain problem, follow some tips from the experts at American Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
- Be sure to keep a bucket underneath the trap of your kitchen sink and make sure your joint slip nuts are in good condition.
- When installing a new shower head, be sure to clean the threads on the shower arm and wrap them in Teflon tape.
- When working on your toilet tank assembly, be sure to turn off the water at the supply valve. Replace all the washers with new ones. Remove the float arm and refill tube and loosen the coupling nut where the water inlet pipe enters the tank before unscrewing the nut under the tank.
- Once you finish reassembling the tank fixtures, ensure the float is not rubbing anywhere.
If your repairs don't do the trick or if you just don't trust your plumbing skills, call 760-731-7000 and get our experienced pros on the job!